I adore pretty things and witty words. -Kate Spade


Friday, November 18, 2011

"He's the boy who dissected a frog, did not wash his hands, and then ate a sandwhich!" -Rory Gilmore

This is a rant on the current involvement of disgusting, slimy creatures that have randomly entered into my life.

Frogs. Ew.  I hate frogs.  Now, before you go and say that I'm a terrible reptile hater and should rot in the ground for despising such a small and cute creature, I must tell you that before a couple of months ago I didn't mind frogs...really, I actually somewhat cute...you know, from a distance.  However, this minute relationship between frogs and I quickly went south when I came upon one on my way to class...I might add that it was dead...now you're probably thinking 'Oh my gosh! She saw a dead creature and was grossed out! This chick has no sympathy!'...wrong!  I have more sympathy and compassion than one may think, but this frog was all in one piece and its eyes were open...OPEN!!!! EEEEEWWW!  It was disgusting.  Well, I got over that frog in a few weeks, but then I was walking to class another time and I saw another one in the same physical state!  I am a scaredy cat and I can't handle creepy creatures around me, so I jumped like a cat caught in rain both times I saw a dead frog.  A few weeks later, half paying attention to the ground around me, I was telling a friend about these frog incidents and when I said dead frogs she points and goes: "Oh like that one?!", obviously feeling pain for the thing on the stairs.  I made a weird noise that somewhat resembles a dead squirrel, even though this frog was much smaller.  At this point I am thoroughly paranoid that frogs are trying to scare the crap out of me.  So the other day I'm walking with the same friend and she's all like "Oh my gosh, look!! It's a cute little frog climbing a tree!" and she proceeds to stare at it inches away from her face for at least two whole minutes! I am frantically trying to pull her away because this frog is alive and if I cannot handle a dead frog, I certainly cannot handle a live one.  Now I am here, freaked out by even the sound of a frog, which once occurred right behind a bench I was sitting on, but I couldn't move because people were around and I didn't want to look weird.  I have seen more frogs in the past four months than I have in my whole seventeen years of life, so that's saying a lot.

I am sorry if you have a strange affection for frogs and find me as a bit of a jerk, but I just don't mesh well with creepy, crawly, slimy, animals.  I love frogs and spiders and bugs from a distance and that's how it will always be...

Until later...

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment