I adore pretty things and witty words. -Kate Spade


Friday, August 16, 2013

Bang!...

So I got bangs...yay? No. Not yay. The complete and total opposite of yay in fact...

I went to my favorite salon ready for an amazing haircut because if I'm going to pay forty bucks plus a tip I expect amazingness. They always do a good job...ALWAYS!!!! So what the flip happened?! I got a newer hair stylist, my usual one moved. So I really wanted Zooey Deschanel bangs! I have basically the same hair type, just not as long! Plus, my hair is about as close as I'm going to get to looking anything like Zooey Deschanel because I am well Asian. So basically I have very few options in looking like Miss Deschanel.

I showed my stylist, who was very nice and did a fantastic job on my trim, a picture:

I then said I wanted long bangs, below my eyebrows, full, and not blunt. I told her I want them to be very flirty rather than modern looking fringe crap (not in that exact context, I swear I wasn't rude!) and I wanted pieces on the sides that are shorter than my actual hair, but quite a bit longer than the bangs. So she said "okay no problem, I'll cut them at your eyes and then you can show me how much shorter you want from there!" Perfect, I think, great plan.

Well apparently we just screwed the plan because she did no such thing. She just went for it. The results?
Short, man, mullet bangs. MULLET BANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtflip?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate them!!!! I almost cried! What to do, what to do??!!! She cut too much on the sides to pin them up, too short to put a headband over, too short and weird to leave down, I have no options. These are no where near Zooey Deschanel bangs. I am thouroughly upset about my hair!!! I suppose I'll have to wait until they grow. Joy. Perfect for the girl who's hair grows at a slugs pace. Oy with the poodles already.

Well, in honor of my hair idol, for our song of the day:


I love this song and learned it on the ukulele, so at the very least I can play the same instrument as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment